Friday, July 24, 2015

Nasi Jagung

This recipe is not mine.  I got it from Mat Gebu and change some ingredients and method here and there.  For the original please visit his website Tiffinbiru.  I like to follow his blog becos all his food looks so flavourful.  The ingredients he uses not stingy at all.  As for me some of the ingredients cannot be found or I don't use it often so I will replace it with something I have in the fridge.

I realised that this rice is so flavourful and its nice to eat on its own.


Nasi Jagung
Ingredients:
4 cups of Basmati
1 can of kennel corn (drained water)
1 chicken cube (I used Knorr)
2 pandan leaves
1 can of evaporated milk (I used Carnation)
4 tbsp Ghee
2 big onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic (smashed it)
2 inch ginger, sliced
1 cinnamon stick*
1 star anise*
5 cloves*
3 cardamom*(*aromatic spices)
1 lemongrass (bashed)
Salt to taste
Water (about 2.5 cups)

Methods: 
Wash the basmati and soak it for 25mins and drain. 
In a wok, melt ghee.  Add sliced ginger, garlic, diced onions, lemongrass, 1 pandan leaf and aromatic spices.
Add drained corns and mix in basmati.  Fry and mix well for 2 mins and of the heat.
Transfer the rice to the rice cooker.
Pour in the carnation evaporated milk, water, 1 pandan leaf, chicken cube (I dissolve it with a little bit of water) and salt to taste.
Stir and mix well. Once the rice is cook, garnish it with coriander leaves (cos I have some) and fried shallots.

No comments: