Friday, July 24, 2015

Daging masak Hitam

I am always curious how it taste like.  So I decided to try this recipe.  And it also compliment my rice.  Azie is another favourite blogger of mine.  So talented lah kan.  The first time I heard about this dish was on tv.  I was watching Best in the World on AFC.  And Razif the host had Prata with Daging masak Hitam if not wrong somewhere in Perak.
The taste not bad lah.  But I think if I cook longer with a different kind of cut sure power lah.



Daging masak Hitam

Ingredients:
ahan-Bahan:
500 gm meat sliced thinly (I bought the already sliced)
1 tbsp fennel seed powder
1 tsp cumin seed powder
(mix both fennel and cumin seed powder with beef stock)
4 tbsp oil
5 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 cup asam juice
Salt to taste

Ingredients to blend:
15 red onions (I use 4 large onions)
3 cloves garlic
3 cm ginger
15 dried chili

Methods:
Heat oil.  Sautee the blended ingredients and stock mixture with fennel and cumin powder.
Add in the sliced meat with a little bit of water. Cook till the meat is soft.
Once the meat is soft, add in the dark soy sauce.
Cook till the gravy is thickens and the oil can be seen.  Add salt to taste.

No comments: