Monday, July 27, 2015

Asam Pedas Ikan Pari

My ibu will be so proud!!! Hhahahaha... I am 33 years old and this is my 1st virgin attempt on Asam Pedas Ikan Pari.  It was ok.  Just ok not even a WOW. Ok pun oklah.  But it stench the whole house so annoying.  But its ok there's always Febreze. Erm I think I put way too much belachan lah.

Anyway as usual I got this recipe from Mat Gebu.  Why I did not ask ibu for the recipe? 1.  It's my 1st attempt I need to be specific in quantity 2. I'm fasting so cannot taste 3. Ibu always give me the ingredients to put but not the measurement so have to agak-agak.

Oklah walaupun baunya bachin rasa ada lah kan but not that strong.  So hari2 makan asam pedas? Since I need to perfect the recipe.  Ouh tak eh? ...


Asam Pedas Ikan Pari
Ingredients:
2 steak of stingray (huge nyah! I bought at cold storage cut and clean)
12 lady fingers (optional cos the husband don't eat)
1 tomato (cut wedge of 6)
1 handful of daun kesom/laksa leaves
1 cube ikan bilis (optional, I don't have it)
1 ladle of blended dry chili
1/2 tsp asam paste
1/2 tsp coarse black pepper (I put 2 huge tbsp)
Salt to taste

Things to blend:
6 red onions
2 cloves garlic
1/2 inch ginger
1/2 inch fresh tumeric
1/2 inch belachan (pan-fry without oil)
3 red chillies deseeded

Methods:
Stingray cut into smaller pieces, wash and marinade it with lime juice for 10mins, then wash, clean and drain.  Lady fingers wash and snipped abit at the end. Put aside.
Heat wok (4 tbsp of oil) Sauteed all the blended ingredients till fragrant (tak betol tak tidak sampai naik bau ah)  add in the blended chilli, stir and cook until the oil floats.  Use low heat and stir occasionally.
Add in asam paste and mix with water (about 600ml or to your liking).  Let it boil.
Add in the fish, lady fingers and daun kesom.  Stir and let it cook until the fish is cook well, the lady fingers are soft.  Add in coarse black pepper, cube ikan bilis, tomato, salt to taste. Let it cook for a while.  And if the heat.

We had it with white rice and fried tofu with sambal kicap.  Nice and homey.not so fantastic like my ibu's but oklah edible. With alot more practice can be better.

No comments: