I cook today. Yey! ... It's been a while since I stepped in the kitchen heh... Since I'm on mc, I will slowly cook for myself and the husband.
Today Ayam masak Merah was a success. I don't normally follow 1 recipe but a few so I can try and decide which one I will keep. I have been following Mat Gebu for a few years now. His recipes are nice and traditional for most. I like to take reference from his blog as the ingredients are easy too find and not so complicate. I refer to some other sites too lah... Slamat mencuba. Fuuuuuh I've always wanted to say that.
Recipe taken from: Tiffinbiru (I alter the ingredients abit)
*Mix of breast meat and wings
*1 tbsp blended dried chili
*1 tsp turmeric powder
*1/2 tsp salt
*1/2 tsp pepper
* Mix and marinate the item above for 15mins or more
1 big onion (sliced)
3 tbsp blended dried chili (put more if you want to)
1/2 bottle of tomato sauce
2 sticks of lemongrass (bashed)
A few sprig of curry leaves
1 cinnamon stick
1 pc star anise
1/2 cup water
Salt to taste
Ingredients to blend
1 big onion
3 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
- Fry the marinated chicken. Half cooked and take it out and drain the oil.
- Pour out the excess oil. Oil enough for sautee.
- Add lemongrass, sliced onion, curry leaves, cinnamon stick and star anise. Stir for a few mins till the aroma rises
- Add the blended ingredients and add a spoon or 2 of the blended chili. Cook it will for 10-15 mins with stirring.
- Add tomato sauce and salt cook till the sauce thickens and add in the fried chicken and mix well.
- Stir and leave it for 5mins and off the heat.
- Ready to be eaten. Garnish with fried shallots and chop corriander