Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Mood is here ... Finally

Wednesday. Mid-week. Urrrgghhh ... Mid-week syndrome.  Some how I smell the weekend. I have mix feelings about it. Yey!!! Because I have full pack weekends that starts on Friday ... Iftar with NA & fiancee, Saturday is Baybeats so will be meeting the Ex-Starbuckian (not mine hahahah ... they are E's ... cos I was never a barista =D) and Sunday is a stay home with ibu day and our "Curry Feast" the menu will be Roti Kirai Insya-Allah... not to yey: Ramadhan is coming to an end ... lots of things to do so little time.

So that means we left out 10days before we leave Ramadhan to see syawal.  So to all thought we will be busy preparing goodies for raya, redecorating our houses do not forget your prayers and doas ... that last 10 days lah we want to really utilized that every mins and sec to prayers and doas ... May Allah bless us and keep us safe and hopefully what we doas be granted Insya-Allah ... The last 10 nites any one of it can be the Lailatul Qadr nite. Hope we all have a fruitful Ramadhan. Insya-Allah ... Amin.


So ... for iftar, I have left over soup from Soto Madura so I just boiled some pasta to go with it.

 I've oleidie plan that I will do a lil bit of baking after tarawih ... decided on AFC lar ... looking at the recipe I should be somewhat expert oleidie lah rite?! WRONG!!! ... I over beat the wet mixture so its alot sticky than usual ar ... and this batch is much flatter ... I'm contemplating whether I should add a lil bit more flour ... I decided not to cos worried I will ruin the batter .... So I let it as it is.


Almost Famous

Ingredients
250g salted butter,softened (i used SCS)
200g light brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp coffee oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup oats,processed to bits in a chopper 
(i omit this)
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup of your favourite nuts,chopped finely (optional)(i put in chopped walnut)
1 pack of Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate chips OR chocolate chunks 
300g self-raising flour 

Method
This is the most important step,at least 2 hours before,or the night before,beat the egg with the vanilla and the coffee oil to infuse or you can do this the night before,refrigerate it then bring it to room temperature before baking.

Preheat oven to 160C.

To the softened butter,beat in the sugar and the salt to combine. Beat in the egg and stir in the processed oats,ground almonds,optional chopped nuts and the chocolate chunks. Sift the flour and fold it in,this dough will not be too stiff but not too wet either.

For small cookies,place half-tsp of the dough,spaced slightly apart on the cookie sheet and bake for 9 to 10 minutes.

For large cookies, place rounded tbsp of the dough spaced apart on the cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
Cool completely and let it sit overnight in an airtight container,this is for the flavour and fragrance to develop further

Source: Kak Rima @ www.bisousatoi.com

No comments: