Choc-Vanilla Noughts & Crosses
Syawal is just around the corner lots of things to do so little time. I have not start on spring cleaning yet. My Raya Goodies did not turn out too well ... probably cos I'm exhausted.. and I did not manage to update as frequently so bare with me cos there 3 parts to this post hee hee ...
Got this recipe from a library book ... somewhat like butter cookies with XOXO of choco chips on it and i think i bought the wrong white choco chip ar cos when I pulled out from the oven, it got slightly burned hahahaha ... anyway here's the recipe ...
4oz (125g) butter, softened
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar (superfine) sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups (250g) plain (all-purpose) flour
2tbsp cocoa powder
1/3cup (50g) white Choc Bits
1/3cup (50g) dark Choc Bits
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Line oven trays with baking paper
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and extract in small bowl with electric mixer until combined; stir in sifted flour, in two batches
- Divide the dough in half. Stir sifted coccoa and milk into one portion. Cover; refrigerate dough 30mins
- Roll dough portions, separately, between sheets of baking paper until 5mm (1/4inch) thick. Cut 15 x 6cm (2 1/4inch) round from each; place about 2.5cm (1inch) apart on trays
- Press white chocolate on chocolate rounds to make crosses; press dark chocolate on vanilla rounds to make noughts. Bake about 15mins; cool on trays.
prep + cook time 40mins (+ refrigeration)
notes You need 96 white and 96 dark Choc Bits to make the noughts and crosses for these biscuits
Store biscuits in an airtight container for up to a week
Source: Library Book