Saturday, August 20, 2011

Un-fruitful Day... Sigh


I am quite upset actually.  I've read the recipe again and again but its a disaster.  A simple recipe but very tricky temperature and timing ... Its 200C and baked it for 5 to 8 mins only.  By 6 mins the side are oleidie brown but the top still wet so I have change it to top heat ... slightly before 8 mins, it got burn haiyaaaaaaah so wasted ... I think this recipe cannot make it lah cos its so tempremental and I have to 'jaga' oni... lots of 'chao-da' and cracks ... SIGH ..... I noe im not suppose to but arrrrggghhh its so frustrating ... after all that I end up with 1 miserable small bottle thats look ok and pretty lah.  My first batch I put 1/2 tsp of batter and 2 inch apart ... and it came out super big!!!! SUPER!!! ... so the rest I oni 1/4 of tsp.  Need new recipe so last mins haiz ... I dunno wat to bake oleidie .... eeeeeeeik ...

*Photos has been deleted


 Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, soften
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 all-purpose flour
1/2 cup groung almond
Some almond flakes

Methods

Preheat oven to 200 degree C
In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.  Beat in the eggs, ground almonds.  Gradually mix in flour until well blended.  Drop teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  Press almond flakes on cookies.

Bake 5 to 8 mins in the preheated oven, or until cookies are lightly browned.


Note:  You can dip the cookies in melted chocolate for extra ooomph!

My miserable bottle and its not even full.  

Source: Library Book

No comments: