Monday, February 13, 2012

Nasi Goreng Kampong and Sabsukaa

I took leave today cos I foresee I'll be exhausted since I was out the whole day yesterday.  Had breakfast and bowling with lovely cousins and attended a lomography workshop. Yeah definitely tiring.  I'm glad I took leave today. 


Not so good is that I'm still having flu and its sooooo irritating ... Anyway it did not dampen my spirit to cook ... yeah I guess.  I try to cook when I'm on leave lah.


Today I decided to cook Nasi Goreng Kampong. Cos the 'Boss' requested for it yesterday and since the ingredients are available from the NTUC ... Nasi Goreng it is.  Yesterday I saw a few posting of Sabsuka on Instagram, so I decided to cook that too.  NAFSU!!! tsk ... tsk ... tsk ... 




Nasi Goreng Kampong

Ingredients:
1 day rice

Blend ingredients:
Fresh Chilies
Chili Padi
1 garlic
1 1/2 onions
belachan

optional:
sliced squid
sliced fishcake
shredded chicken
scramble egg

salt, pepper, oyster sauce

Fried shallots to garnish

Method:
Saute blended ingredients for 5 to 10 mins
Season it with salt pepper, oyster sauce
Add the optional ingredients
Mix and cook well
Add rice, mix well cook for 5 to 10 mins 
Garnish with scramble egg and friend shallots




Sabsuka


Ingredients:
1/2 kg minced meat (i used thinly sliced beef)
1 cinnamon stick
1 large onion (diced)
1 large onion (blended)
2 cloves garlic (blended)
1/4 thumb ginger (blended)
1 bowl of chili paste
2 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 bowl tomato sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 bowl tomato paste
2 tbsp chili sauce
2 tomatoes (diced)
2 cups water
1 tbsp Ghee (i used EVOO)
Black pepper powder
Coriander leaves
 fried shallot

Method:
Mix the onion, ginger, garlic and black pepper powder to your minced meat leave it to rest.
Heat cooking pot and fried the chili paste and cinnamon stick. About 5-10 mins add in your minced meat (which i used sliced meat - time to cook a lil bit longer).
Add in diced onions, tomato paste, chili and tomato sauce, cumin powder and water
Once the minced meat half-cooked, add Ghee (i added EVOO). For garnishing add in fried shallot and coriander leaves.
Serve fried egg with Sabsuka or either mix it in the Sabsuka (individual preference)



So after all the cooking ... its time to scrub the kitchen ... fuuuh I'm exhausted. When will I be able to be tai-tai ... hahah fat chance especially in Singapore pfft.

No comments: