Monday, February 20, 2012

Beautiful Sunday

We were expecting visitors but they called to said that they were not coming.  The whole family were not feeling well, poor thing.  Its tough to have family members falling sick one after another.  So we stayed home cos we did not plan to go out.  I cooked ayam masak merah for lunch.  I was planning to bake for my visitors, since they were not coming, I kept everything in the fridge heeh... Lazy me.
Ouh ya and we need a new rice cooker cos ours' spoiled liao... haiz.


Ayam masak Merah
Ingredients:
1/2kg boneless chicken (clean add salt and tumeric powder and fry)


Blended Ingredients:
1 cup dried chilies
1 thumb ginger

3 cloves garlic 

1 red onion



1 red onion (sliced)

Lime leaf (I used lime zest)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
season with salt and sugar

Oil for frying



Methods:
Heat oil, pan fry chicken (half cook) and put aside
Saute sliced onions once soft add in the blended ingredients (constant stirring, until you can see oil come out from the sides)

Add in salt, sugar, tomato sauce and lime leaf (i used lime zest)
Mix well and add the half cook chicken in.
Mix well cook until the gravy is slightly reduced

This is my mom's recipe. 

After lunch we watched tv.  It was a sunny Sunday .... and ... Esa suggested we go for a shoot. And we did lol ... so much for a stay at home Sunday... I had film to finish anyway.  I brought my fisheye 2 and superheadz.  Esa brought his Fed 5B and LCA+.  We took the MRT to Punggol.

We walked to the waterway.  I'm so excited cos there's a lot you can capture ... father-daughter cycled ... mom and kids kite-flying ... kite-flying enthusiast flew huge kites.  At the sides there's a man giving away FREE kites ... so we took and play ... so random ... rite??!! ... it was fun ... after that we continued our walk and shoots.

We went to the water playground. So many kids!!!! ... families with they picnic mats, food, bicycles, bathing suits ... wow ... the last time we were here it was quite dead ...guessed now people get to know about it so it was quite packed.  I had so much fun ... I finished my 2 roll of films so we decided to go home.

We went NTUC to get some stuff ... and hmmm ... I think I should do baking lah since I won't be cooking dinner.  I baked Pepperoni Pizza Puffs. But this time round there's no pepperoni at home so I substituted it with hotdogs.  I cut it into small cubes. 



This recipe was taken from Kirbie's Cravings

Ingredients:
171g cup flour

3/4 tsp baking powder
200ml milk
1 egg
1 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar and mozzarella)
4 ounces chopped pepperoni (or hotdogs)
Directions
1. Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, milk, egg, cheese, and pepperoni, stirring until completely mixed.  Spoon batter into the prepared mini-muffin cups about 2/3 full.
3. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Serve while warm.

So we had puffy for dinner.  I was blog-hopping when I was The Kitchen Witch's blog. went to the kitchen took out everything ... ahah ... I have all the ingredients ... so another round of baking for me.


  • 1 1/2  cups plus 2 tbs. all purpose flour, divided
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 or 3 bananas) (I omit)
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 plus 2 tbs. butter, melted and divided
  • 1 1/2 cups granola, divided
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375F/190C.  
Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin paper liners.  
In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  

In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.  
Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture until moistened.  
Then stir in the  granola, and chocolate chips.  
Do not over mix.  
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tbsp. flour, cinnamon and melted butter.  
Then stir in 1/2 cup granola.  
Sprinkle topping over muffins and gently press into batter.
Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean.

This recipe is super easy and fast.  After all that it perfumed the whole kitchen with cinnamon's smell lol ... I brought to office cos I think its nice to have muffins for breakfast.  Definitely nicer to consume while its warm cos of the melted chocolate chip.  Yummy goodness.  
Sunday was beautiful and fruitful too.  See you soon Sunday!

No comments: