Monday, April 13, 2015

Family Trip to Batam

I can't remember when was the last trip, I'm glad this trip happen. We were supposed to take the the 1st ferry to Batam but there's a bit of a hiccup.  FYI. Wave Master no longer operating so for future travels, please use other agents.  Since our next ferry is in the afternoon ... the kids were getting restless ... the adults were bored and I just stoned away. Decided to walk around vivo bearing in mind not to purchase anything.

Finally the ferry arrived.  We took Sindo. And it took a longer route to Batam.  We reached 1.5hr later. The driver and tour guide were waiting for us.  Yes tour guide.  I've been to batam countless of time and this was the first time we had a tour guide and it was a good thing. That countless trips to Batam with the intention of mainly grocery shopping, watch movie, eat and spa.  This time round I just follow the crowd with NO intention of getting anything. (nie macam yaya oni lah)

1st stop was lunch at Pak Datuk.  They serve Padang food and they were delish. Look at that spread it was from one end to another end of the table.  There were 14 of us.  Our tummy were happy!

Pak Datuk is located at Jl. Jend. A. Yani, Ruko Mahkota Raya Blok C No.1&2, Kepulauan Riau 29432, Indonesia

The tour guide was entertaining.  He managed to lift up the moods of our cranky mothers (that's very important) and also share stories and history of the places.


With that full belly they sent us to check in hotel. So we can do our prayers and relax for awhile before we head down to the mall. We stayed at Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay. A very decent hotel which I fell in love with. Very cosy bed, Strong free wifi and well-equipped toilet. There's swimming pool, sauna and gym ... not that I use the facilities but quite motivated to exercise just by looking at it.  Plus point they have their own mall and the harbour terminal is just across the road.

Hotel located at Jl. Duyung, Sei Jodoh, Batu Ampar, Kepulauan Riau 29432, Indonesia


I managed to nap. We went DC Mall (Diamond City Mall).  Of cos it is the makciks haven.  It was like a race cos we only have 1.5hr to shop ... ONLY.  I bought 4 instant shawls, 1 prayer mat, keropok kerapak and bubble tea in 30mins. We relax one corner and wait for the rest to finish shopping.

DC Mall located at Jalan Duyung, Batam, Kepulauan Riau, Indonesia


I did not buy from the shop below cos they sell cook turtle eggs!!!! I want to cry ok. How can they do that. Turtles are endangered species ok. I was very emo when a guy came up to me to sell his turtle eggs.


After DC Mall, we went Nagoya Hill.  I normally come here for my massage and A&W. Here we also had 1.5hrs to shop.  I went to hypermart to get titbits and fresh care. Took me less than 30mins and we parked ourselves in front of Jco.  The hubby dozed off. 

Nagoya Hill is located at Jl. Teuku Umar Nagoya, Komplek Nagoya Hill Superblock, Batam, Kepulauan Riau, Indonesia


After all that shopping, its time for dinner.  Majority love seafood so we had dinner at Golden Prawn 933. When we arrived, there was loud music and karaoking going on.  It was a birthday celebration.  Very entertaining to see all the drunk faces dancing and singing the night away. 

Golden Prawn 933 is located at Jalan Bengkong Laut, Kepulauan Riau 29432, Indonesia


Do note there's no price on the menu.  Please clarify.  We were in for a rude shock went we got the bill.  With the quality of food, I don't think I want to pay that much.

PS: Its cheaper to eat at Senibong lol.


So ... huge dinner ... is there room for Pisang Keju (Cheese Banana)?! This Pisang Keju is the new craze in Spore, Msia and Indo ... but it's not so new lah ... probably started 3rd quarter of last year.
This one here was a thinly sliced banana, thinly coated with batter and deep fry. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and chocolate powder (some use chocolate rice or chocolate sauce)


We got ours here! No address cos it's at the road side and I was not listening properly but I think it's Pisang Keju Terowongan 77 

Even with full belly, hubby and me managed to finish it.  It was so yummy!!!


Breakfast at the hotel had a decent spread.  I was so excited when I saw shepherd's pie ... I took my plate and open the lid ... It was steamed rice -_____-'' how in the world I read it as shepherd's pie haiz.  After breakfast we went to find money changer ... yes money changer as dinner puts a hole on our pocket hahahah.  After that I when back to the hotel and sleep.  The hubby went to the pool ehem.

12nb time to check out and I'm stuck to bed.  Lucky yesterday I decided to pack my bag.  Haiz back to reality soon.  Last stop was the Mega Mall.  

Here own time own target. All of us split up.  Hubby, me and his 2 nephews went to watch Fast and Furious 7 for $4ea AWESOME! It was a great movie... to me at least.

We had Bakso for lunch. It was fast and furious too if we do not want to miss the ferry hahahah ....



Nap in ferry on the way back to home gound.


Here's the damage when the person say she has nothing and no intention to shop ... Win oleidie lar ... And we bought 10 boxes of Pisang Keju to bring home... 10 boxes!!!!


No comments: