- Crack crab claws, pincers removed and trim the legs. Devide into 4 pieces. Clean and dry the crabs with paper towels.
- To begin, remove the salted egg whites from the hard boiled eggs. Mash the yolk and set aside. If you are using raw salted egg yolks, steam the yolks for at least 3-4 minutes and mash it. Set aside.
- Next, coat the crab pieces in corn or tapioca flour. Deep-fry in hot oil till crabs turn red. Transfer to a colander to drain off excess oil. Strain the hot oil and place the wok back on the heat.
- Melt butter in a wok, minced garlic, sauté curry leaves and chilli padi until aromatic. Add salted egg yolks, keep stirring until “bubbles” formed.
- Add pepper, sugar, chicken powder and evaporated milk. Taste, add salt if necessary, then throw in pre-fried crabs. Reduce the heat and stir-fry briskly to mix. Dish up and serve hot.
Recipe is taken from: http://www.singaporelocalfavourites.com/2013/01/how-to-make-fried-crabs-wsalted-eggs.html?m=1