Recipe taken from Bisous A Toi
7g jelly powder
700ml full cream milk
2 instant coffee aka nescafe
1/2 tbsp mocha paste
4 egg yolk
1 tbsp butter
Puding busa (bubble/foam)
2 egg white (abt 70g)
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3.5g jelly powder
1/4 tbsp mocha paste mix with a little water
1. Prepare pudding mold (volume of 1000ml). Dampen mold with boiled water - set aside
2. Mocha pudding: Mix jelly powder, sugar and milk in a saucepan, stir well, bring to boil. Dissolve instant coffee and mocha paste with a little water, pour into the pan and continue to stir, reduce heat it.
3. Beat egg yolk using hand whisk or even fork, take a ladle of jelly mixture and add into egg yolk - stir well. Pour the egg mixture back into jelly mixture, stir well. Add in butter, turn off the heat. Continue stirring until mixture is slightly cool, add in rum. Pour into molds.
4. Sponge pudding: Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar using stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy and stiff, set aside. Mix and cook jelly powder, sugar, and water, add pasta mocha paste, bring to a boil, remove from heat. Pour into the beaten egg whites a little at a time, beat until blended. Add rum, stir. Pour custard mocha pudding onto the slightly harden mocha pudding. Leave until cold, chill in refrigerator until hard.
5. Remove the pudding from mold, place on serving plate, cut into pieces.