Thursday, September 6, 2012

Roti Kirai - 'Spider Web'

Open House Day 2 : Maternal Side of the family.  Photo courtesy by Mazri mynotsolittlecousinanymore. I made roti kirai with the new bottle I bought online.  It was fuss-free.  Ibu helped with the mi birthday.

All in all I am so happy that almost all my family came ... My granny came, my aunties and uncles, cousins, niece inside the tummy, friends ... I had an awesome weekend.  Lots of love.


Source: Rozzan
Roti Kirai aka 'Spider Web'

Ingredients
1 kg Plain flour
300 ml evaporated milk
950 - 1000 ml water
3 eggs
3 tsp salt
a bit of colouring (in this case a made 2 different batch 1 is yellow and the other is purple)

Methods:
Mix everything in 1 bowl and sieve so there’s no lumps.
Heat a flat pan sprinkle a bit of oil or use a non-stick pan =)
photo was taken from here.
Use the equipment and drizzle it in circular motion or up to you.
Please do not walk away from the pan as it cooks really fast …30s to 1min depending on the thickness
And fold it … that is also up to you too … =D

Chicken Curry

Bahan-Bahan
1kg of wings (or whole chicken cut into 8 or 12 parts)
Blend till smooth:
·         2 large onions
    4 cloves garlic
    1 inch ginger
10 tbsp curry powder BABAS
1 onion (sliced)
5 star anise
3 cardamom
2inch cinnamon
Oil for frying

200 ml santan (I did not put into my curry)
3 potatoes (cut into quarter)
2 tomatoes (cut into quarter)
Salt to taste

Method:
Heat oil.  Sautee sliced onion and curry powder till soft.
Add in the blended item, mix well. Cook it for 10 – 15mins.
Add in the chicken and add 2 to 3 cups of water.
Add in potatoes … once the potatoes are fully cook add in tomato and salt.
Simmer it for 5mins and off the heat.


No comments: