Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pizza-John?!

The plan was ... to cook bistik ... but a lot of stuff out of stock oleidie ... Lunch time I wen to Hong Lim temp market to get ginger, galangal, lemongrass, peas, tomato puree...... but oni ginger is available =S .... wen to Rivervale Plaza after work .... not much there too haiz ... so .. I ask ... you wan roti john or pizza???! ... and our PizzaJohn is born ... wakakaaka ... *lame*


Ingredients:
Bottom: Pizza Dough - Square Bread - French Loaf [watever u like]

Topping:
500g minced beef (if u wish to use other meat also can)
1 large red onion (diced)
2 to 3cm of ginger (minced)
4 to 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
salt and pepper/black pepper to taste
2 tbsp of oil/EVOO
Cheese

optional
**blended chili (with or without up to u)
sliced mushroom/diced tomato/diced capsicum/pepperoni ... the list goes on ...
in short ... u put watever u like lar ok.

Method:
Saute garlic then ginger den onion until swell.
Add in the minced meat, stir until all the meat change colour
Season with Salt and Pepper.
**If you wan it spicy this is the time to add blended chili 
(goreng sampai chili garing) 
**If u put chili den add in abt 2tbp of tomato sauce
Once the meat mixture is dry and cook through, off the heat
Add all the optional ingredients like mushroom, capsicum ..(mix well).. if dowan den dun need
Put a bit of topping on bread (of ur choice/pizza dough)
Top with cheese (I use shredded cheddar and Mozzarella)
Bake it with top this only once the cheese melted can take it out
(Use toaster oven is better but I dun have so i use oven with 175C top heat only)


I story abit ok (with my broken english). The first time I tried this recipe wen i was in sec 2 ... dat was 14yrs ago. This recipe has gone through alot of modification. Wen I was in school the recipe is very simple. Diced onion, minced meat, salt and pepper ONLY (shepherd's pie filling)... den it evolve ... hee hee ... I mix here mix there ... trial and error until I am satisfied with this recipe. This recipe is flexible can use it as a base for fried rice (which I intend to later today), or as popiah filling, or puff filling, or tart topping ... 

No comments: