Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ayam Gajus / Cashew Chicken

I wont give my hubby any reason not to buy me recipe book!!! wakakkaka ... last week i bought Hanie Liza recipe book from Popular, City Square (uhuh ... this recipe book is not available in Singapore so I have to go all the way to JB to get it) ... Hubby said that if I dont try anything from this book ... then it will be my last recipe book ... EVER!!! ... Tonite I tried 1/365 recipe from this recipe book. I follow this lady blog too.

I've decided on Ayam Gajus or direct translation Cashew Chicken.  Its the simplest and fastest recipe i can find in the book ... ta-da ...


Ingredient A
600 gm boneless chicken - cut into cubes
1 tsp corn flour
a pinch of salt
Mixed the corn flour, salt and chicken.  Pan-fry with about 2tbsp of oil.

Ingredient B
100 gm cashew nuts (hee hee i bought the ones in packet and ready to eat)
30 gm dried chili (snip it into 3 parts)
2 big Japanese Onions (diced)
4 cloves garlic (sliced)
2 inch ginger (sliced)
1 green capsicum (cut into cubes/diced)
3 tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
1/4 cup water
Oil to stir-fry
Cara
1. Heat oil in the wok
2. Put in dried chili stir fry it till its a bit crispy and take it out
3. Saute garlic and ginger for a few mins and add in the onion (fry till soft)
4. Add in the capsicum, chicken, tomato sauce and a bit of water
5. Once the water reduce add in the cashew nuts and the off the heat

No comments: