Testing ... Testing 1 ... 2 ... 3 ...
July is here ... like finally ... hee hee ... planned with some fwens at work to potluck during lunch ... We decided on Italian theme lunch.
I've borrowed some books from the library for us to get motivated hee hee ...
So before I do I bring to work ... I test at home first ...
5mins + 6hrs refrigeration
Hint: A little care needed.
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup (64g) caster sugar
1/4 cup milk
250g packet savoiardi or sponge fingers
1 1/2 cups cold coffee
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl until light and creamy. Add milk and beat until combined.
- Place bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir over heat until thickened; allow to cool.
- Add mascarpone to mixture; stir until combined. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into mixture.
- Dip savoiardi biscuits quickly into coffee - they should be moist but not soggy. Place a quarter of the biscuits over base of a 1.5L serving dish or a paper-lined loaf pan. Spread with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layering with remaining biscuits and mascarpone.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight. Sift cocoa over top to serve.